Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

Support This Site

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Design for Success - part 2

For me, I decided that I want a store that will stand out, so I avoid the text-shirt fad.

ALSO, take care in whether you choose to chase pop-culture fads or not. Sure, fads can be moneymakers, but you've got to be careful, as it only really pays to be first. If so, watch buzz.yahoo.com like a hawk, and make new designs weekly.

For me, I didn't want to go that route because I wanted *lasting* designs. I want designs that I can sell for years to come, with a huge number of choices. I'm pretty sure that "Runaway Bride" sales have slowed down to a dead zombie trickle about now.

Do what works for you.

In terms of the design itself, I like to make graphics that can easily be seen on the CafePress site. Though I personally like small prints, I'm sort of forced to make them a little larger, just so they preview nicely. The simpler the design, the better, as it really helps people find what they're looking for. In the end, this helps drive sales.

=====

Via squidoo.com

No comments: